Try this spicy and flavorful Thai Celery Salad. Celery, cilantro, and scallions make a delicious and healthy base for this vegan dish.
- 4 celery stalks, ends trimmed and sliced on a diagonal
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced and green parts only
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno or fresno chili, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup grated carrots*
- 1/8 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce**
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
In a large bowl toss together the celery, scallion, cilantro, carrots, and peanuts.
In a small bowl whisk together the avocado, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the celery mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*If you don’t want to pull out your food processor or box grater, you can use a vegetable peeler to create thin strips of carrots.
** For a vegetarian/vegan alternative to fish sauce, combine 1/2 teaspoon of either low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos + 1/2 teaspoon lime juice.