Recipe adapted from: Love Beets
Prep Time: 10 minutes
A unique, healthy, and delicious way to enjoy your beets!
- ¼ cup avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced small
- 4 carrots, diced small
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 – 2 bunches of beets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
Full recipe here*
*You’ll notice the original recipe calls for pre-cooked beets from the company. This recipe can easily be adapted using fresh beets instead. Before preparing the rest of the recipe, cook the beets in pot with enough water to cover the beets and a bit of lemon juice to keep them from bleeding. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until beets are tender.
**The featured image is a representation of the recipe. Not a photo of the actual recipe.