- 3 cups cooked rockfish (pan-fried with Old Bay seasoning)
- ½ cup chopped bacon
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp Old Bay
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- 2 fresh, sliced tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 large, ripe avocado, sliced
- shallot-balsamic vinaigrette
Flake the cooked fish, and chop the bacon and parsley. Combine all of the ingredients and form the mixture into four ½-¾ inch thick patties.
Heat 1 tbs of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
Cook the cakes until browned on each side (5-6 minutes), turning once.
Serve over a bed of greens with a few slices of tomato and avocado, and a drizzle of vinaigrette.