The radish is a perfect example of a vegetable that has so much flavor built into it naturally, we almost hate to distract from its naked appeal with extra ingredients and complicated cooking methods. Radishes have a crispy texture and a zesty, almost spicy flavor. When cooked, their flavors mellow and sweeten for a perfect taste. We simply toss our radishes with extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes, until the radishes turn a beautiful golden brown. The roasting process keeps the natural flavors intact, and the red pepper flakes and garlic serve to enhance what we already love about this little root veggie.
- 24 radishes, halved or quartered (depending on the size)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 twigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (amount depends on the heat of the pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the radishes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix the mixture with the radish well.
- Transfer the radishes to a baking pan.
- Roast the radishes for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.