You’re looking at the next big thing for your upcoming holiday party. That’s right, this Pomegranate Basil Vegan Crostini is certain to be a hit this holiday season among friends and family.
Servings: 12 people : My darling vegan
- 1 large french baguette, cut into 1″” slices
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- juice and zest from 1 orange
- balsamic reduction, recipe below
- 1 cup high quality balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or bee free honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Slice the baguette into 1″” slices and lay flat on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until crispy and slightly brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Stir together balsamic vinegar and agave nectar in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until balsamic has reduced to about 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and let cool while assembling the bruschetta.
- In a small bowl combine pomegranate arils, basil, and orange zest and juice.
- Spread a layer of vegan cream cheese on toasted baguette, drizzle with balsamic reduction, and top with pomegranate/basil mixture.
- Serve immediately.