This pan seared snapper recipe with romesco sauce is an 8 ingredient dinner that will be sure to blow your tastebuds away. Soft battered pan fried fish topped with a smoky and nutty roasted red pepper and almond sauce.
Cuisine: American, dairy-free, gluten free, Healthy
Calories: 324 kcal
- 4 red snapper fish fillets or other white fish
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs or gluten free flour with spices mixed in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking the fish
- salt/pepper to taste
- For the Romesco Sauce:
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini optional
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- for garnish : slivered basil toasted sliced almonds and thinly sliced roasted red peppers
Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the panko breadcrumbs.
Heat pan over medium high heat and add oil. Add fish to the pan when hot and cook for a few minutes on each side until fish is cooked through.
In a food processor combine almonds, roasted red peppers, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt to taste and the optional tahini and smoked paprika. Blend until almost smooth.
Serve fish topped with romesco sauce and garnished with slivered basil, toasted sliced almonds and thinly sliced roasted red peppers.