Salads are fantastic especially when you add the fresh citrus taste of an orange with the crisp crunch of kale. This salad is super light and so refreshing!
- 1/2 Shallot peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 5-6 cups kale stems removed and chopped
- 2 Navel oranges
- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted almonds roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Let dressing rest in the refrigerator at least an hour for flavors to develop.
Remove from refrigerator, shake well before use.
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
Add about half the dressing and toss well.
Taste for seasoning, adding more oranges, salt and pepper if needed.