These tasty maple roasted carrots in tahini sauce with pomegranate and pistachios will blow your mind! The carrots are tossed in maple syrup and roasted until tender before being topped with a creamy tahini sauce along with pomegranate and pistachios to add both colour and texture. The tahini sauce is nice and creamy with a little lemon citrus bite, sweet maple syrup and salty miso paste (or soy sauce). The pomegranate adds bursts of juiciness in addition to the jewel like radiant red colour and the pistachios add that crunchy texture along with the vibrant green colour! When everything is combined into this maple roasted carrots in tahini sauce with pomegranate and pistachios you get one truly amazing side dish that is perfect for your dinner, or any other meal for that matter!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Maple Roasted Carrots in Tahini Sauce with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Sweet maple roasted carrots served topped with a tasty tahini sauce, pomegranate and pistachios!
- 2 pounds carrots, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste (or soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free or salt)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons water*
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Toss the carrots in the mixture of the oil and maple syrup, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes, turning once in the middle.
- Mix the tahini, lemon juice, miso, maple syrup, garlic and enough water to get the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Serve the carrots topped with the tahini sauce, pomegranate, pistachios and parsley and enjoy!