This delicious guava placed skewer recipe is easy to make and the perfect recipe for the grill.
- FOR THE CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 4 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Oscar Mayer bacon cut into squares
- 1 cup Kraft Barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup of gava paste cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of chipotle adobo sauce
- 6 skewers
- kosher salt
- freshly crushed blacked pepper
- FOR THE SALSA
- 2 tablespoons of Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 5 slices of fresh pineapple
- 2 hass avocados cut into cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cut cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
In small saucepan, combine guava paste, BBQ sauce and chipotle.
Simmer over low heat, stirring with fork, until guava paste dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. If sauce is too thick add a couple of tablespoons of water.
Alternate threading the chicken cubes and the bacon on the skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place skewers on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side.
Brush sauce evenly over chicken.
Cook for two more minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp but not burned.
Grill the pineapple slices until they are golden brown and caramelized on both sides. About 2 minutes on each side.
Place red onion in a strainer or sieve and rinse under cool water to remove harsh bite. Drain well.
Cut the grilled pineapple into small pieces.
In a bowl combine the onion, cilantro, avocado, tomato and pineapple.
In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice,orange juice, Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing, add salt and pepper to taste until well combined.
Pour the liquid over the avocado mixture and gently toss to evenly coat.
Serve the skewers with a side of salsa.