Flatbread makes a fantastic appetizer or light meal. Topped with sweet roasted cherry tomatoes, and spinach will make you keep wanting one more bite.
- Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for storage)
- For the Spinach
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Flatbreads or packaged Naan
- 3-4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- fresh basil for garnish
- Garlic roasted tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix gently
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tomatoes are soft and smell delicious
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- In a skillet on medium heat add olive oil, garlic and spinach, saute for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Turn heat off and set aside.
- Spread cheese out on flatbreads, add the tomatoes and wilted spinach
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
- Add basil to garnish