Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 4-6
This Cinnamon Persimmon Bacon Baked Brie recipe is warm, smoky, sweet and over-the-top delicious! There’s nothing quite like baked brie with fruit, and it’s the most scrumptious holiday appetizer your guests could hope for!
- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Cinnamon persimmon, diced (Fuyus will also work well)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (approximately 3/4 pound) firm brie wedge
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, adjust a rack to the center and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Add the bacon strips to a medium-sized sauté pan and place it over medium heat. Cook until it’s golden and crispy, a few minutes per side. Set it aside on a double layer of paper towels to drain.
Add the onion to the pan. (If there isn’t a thin layer of bacon grease in the pan, add a bit of olive oil.) Sauté, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
Add the thyme and cook until it’s aromatic, about 30 seconds. Turn the heat to low-medium and mix in the persimmons.
Crumble or finely chop the bacon and add it to the pan. Add the cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper, stir and let it cool to room temperature.
Slice the brie in half horizontally from the tip to the rind, being sure not to cut all the way through, and place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Gently lift the top half of the brie and add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the persimmon mixture, in an even layer. Then add the rest on top.
Drizzle with the honey and place in the preheated 350 degree F oven just until the cheese begins to melt, 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve with crackers or a sliced, toasted baguette.