Tender white fish baked in the best blackened seasoning recipe and dressed in a delicious avocado fish taco sauce!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 lb. Rockfish (about 2 large fillets)
- Blackened Seasoning:
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Avocado Fish Taco Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of cilantro with stems
- ½ lime juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt (I use Himalayan)
- 1-2 splashes of chipotle sauce (optional)
FOR THE BLACKENED SEASONING YOU WILL NEED:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Herbs: Thyme and Oregano, dried
TIPS TO MAKING THE BEST ROCKFISH:
- Make the rub by mixing cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder and paprika. Set aside until ready to rub all over that delicious fish!
- Put fish in a pan and sprinkle your blackened mixture on top. Using your fingers rub it in all around the top and sides.
- Broil the blackened rockfish high for about 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.
*The featured image is a stock photo meant to represent this dish.